Updated: 15th January 2021
Community radio station 3mFM, based in Inverloch, is seeking an enthusiastic and community minded person to fill the role of Station Manager.
3mFM has been operating for more than 30 years and broadcasts primarily across the Bass Coast and South Gippsland areas.
The part time Station Manager position is responsible for the day to day running of the station, including working with staff and volunteers, complying with industry codes and regulations and building strong community partnerships.
3mFM is a volunteer driven, independent, community radio station run by and for the community which actively promotes involvement, access and participation and aims to provide the best in entertainment and information.
3mFM is licensed to broadcast within guidelines prescribed by the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia. It is the local community radio station catering to South Gippsland with a permanent population of more than 60,000. 3mFM has three strategically placed transmitters encompassing a geographic region of approximately 41,000 square kilometres bounded by Phillip Island in the west, Lang Lang, Mirboo North and Boolarra to the north, Yarram to the east and Wilsons Promontory to the south. It includes Bass Coast and South Gippsland Local Government Areas and a small part of Cardinia and Wellington Shires.
The Station Manager is responsible for creating a cohesive and well functioning team and making the Station a safe, inclusive and enjoyable organisation for staff, presenters, volunteers, sponsors and community members to be part of and to engage with. The Station Manager must represent the Station professionally at all times and ensure that the Key Role Responsibilities outlined below are delivered.
• Responsible for the day-to-day management recruitment and induction of staff, presenters and volunteers.
• Facilitate the training of staff, presenters, volunteers, students and community members in technical, production and communication skills.
• Build partnerships with community organisations and other key stakeholders.
• Identify opportunities for station growth.
• Promote the station via all available means.
Oversee the day-to-day administration of the station including:
• Ensure that all the station’s policies and processes are followed, including legal and regulatory requirements.
• Liaise with various sector, regulatory and community organisations.
• Grant applications and acquittals.
• Oversee the 3mFM broadcast schedule and the production of radio shows.
• Oversee the production and scheduling of advertising, sponsorship and community service announcements.
• Oversee technical staff and set technical priorities.
• Co-ordinate outside broadcasts (OBs).
• Liaise with staff and volunteers to ensure excellent content production values are maintained.
Oversee financial management of the station including:
• Expenditure and receipt of funds.
• Grant, correspondence, administration and acquittal.
• Management and renewal of station assets.
• Reporting to the Board of Management, including monthly financial reports and annual financial report and audit.
• Pursue sponsorship and revenue raising strategies for the station.
• Maximise station membership.
Provide support to the Board of Management including:
• Preparing the agenda and report for each monthly meeting.
• Attending all Board of Management and relevant sub-committee meetings.
• Policy advice and development.
• Some work related travel will be required.
• Additional/varied hours by arrangement with the Board of Management.
• Observance of Code of Conduct and Harassment Policy plus compliance with all terms and conditions set by the Board of Management including confidentiality.
• Experience in and understanding of commercial / community radio.
• Understanding and experience working in a community based setting.
• Strong leadership and people development.
• Business development capability.
Open on Saturday 16th January 2021.
Close 5.00pm on Sunday 31st January 2021
Applications, including a Resume, must be submitted to 3mFM via email to Jobs@3mFM.com.au by no later than 5.00pm on Sunday 31st January 2021.